I am hosting a free writing contest this month. If you want to hone your skills and receive constructive feedback whilst having fun then please join us on Goodreads.
Theme: New Beginnings – January 2020 Contest
Your character buys a new coat, only to find a mysterious message sewn into the lining of it.
* An item of value
* An antagonizer
Random first sentences:
* I have two things on my mind: running and my imminent death.
* People trust me with their fortunes; they really shouldn’t.
* If I could change one thing, it would be my decision to buy a new coat.
* So I suppose you want to ask me how I found out.
Setting – any
Plot – your choice.
Length: 500 to 1000 Words
Deadline: Monday 27th January 2020 at 11:59 pm GMT.
Voting will start 12:01 am GMT Tuesday 28th January 2020 and end 11:59 pm GMT on Friday 31st January 2020. Winners will be posted in this thread on Saturday 1st February 2020.
Genre: Fantasy, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Mystery, Crime, Comedy, Romance, or a mixture (BASICALLY, anything but erotica)
Some fiction writers are looking to win a short story contest, keeping in touch with making deadlines, and/or simply sharpening the skill of writing fiction. The main purpose of this contest is to sharpen plot and character skills, collect your own short stories, receive good feedback, make a good connection with other writers, and take a short break from your current novel to get a fresh view when you return to it.
Rules and Directions –
* Type in English – a minimum of 500 words; a maximum of 1,000 words; no erotica, no profanity.
* Post your title, by line, and word count total in the first line of your story posting.
* ONE entry per person, must be the writer’s original work, a final revision, and a new piece of writing. Please do not delete and repost since this becomes confusing to the readers. Please post your FINAL revision.
Judging: The story will be judged on creativity, proper grammar, punctuation, and overall good quality of the story.
Voting: Please vote for first, second, and third place. You are not allowed to vote for yourself. If posting this month, you MUST vote, in order for your story to remain eligible